The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2087 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/08/07
Perfect irony in the title, and a breathtaking, heartbreaking piece. A further irony is that Felicity's world is also the world of those poor unfortunates--and of course, her name was well-chosen. I sometimes wonder why some are so blessed and some not, in this fallen world. Thank you so much for bringing these issues front and center.
03/09/07
Wow! This is a masterpiece. It is well written, creative, dramatic and points to world concerns. It is so moving to think that each "vignette" goes on in the same world as the others. How trivial Felicity seems, but then again, aren't we closer to Felicity than the others? This is a bitter pill....that needs to be swallowed. Thank you for writing this.
03/09/07
Great job of lacing these truths into your story. Sometimes just knowing the truth empowers one to do something about it.
A very imressive entry! I liked the unusual take on the topic. I'm so grateful for the information you imparted to me. Thanks for your entry!
03/11/07
Oh, wow! This is extremely powerful (not dull in the least, silly!). The contrast is amazingly well-portrayed, and the note at the end really brought the point home. My heart ached throughout. Exceptionally exceptional. :)
So riveting and heart rending to think of what some people go through in contrast of others materialistic lives. I think I'm going to sit down and write about something that 20/20 revealed a yr or two ago and since then I had new insight on the subject. we need to hold up those who face harships and for God to turn around the hearts of those whose motives are only to get rich or prosper themselves. God bless your writing. Keep it up! Awesome!
What a demanding story. Well done. The comparisons were great. Very infomative. I liked the statistics at the end.
What an eye-opening entry. May we never be "Felicy's" but caring Christians, prayerful for our lost world.
Your stories tend to make me think really long and hard - and take a good look within. Powerful, and exceptionally well written. God Bless.
03/14/07
Very sobering and thought-provoking entry! Thank you for making us think about how our consumer mentality affects others.
03/15/07
CONGRATULATIONS!! :)
I had read this earlier and meant to comment but took too mucn time collecting my thoughts. I really liked the way you were able to take the reader into two very different worlds in a very realy way.
Congratulations on a well-deserved win.
03/16/07
Helen,your message is remarkably delivered. Thank you for caring about people so profoundly and for bringing to light these sinful situations. You write with passion. Blessings.
03/16/07
Helen,your message is remarkably delivered. Thank you for caring about people so profoundly and for bringing to light these sinful situations. You write with passion. Blessings.
03/16/07
Helen, you remain one of my favorites. Congrats on your EC. God bless.