The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2717 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/06
OK - this is only the second entry I have read for Melody and I'm blown away again. I adore this story. I wish I wrote this one, too! "The Lord wants an unbroken ass" - love it!!!! All creatures are special and beautiful to Him.
08/31/06
I love the angle you told this story from. I loved the images. I wish I had thought of it. Thanks for sharing.
08/31/06
Oh wow. I can just picture this donkey braying his praises to the Lord! Great job.
Wow! That was a great story! I'm glad to have been a help for this! Well written!
I was surprised to find several typos, but other than that, I really enjoyed this story too. Great job as usual in the creativity department. :)
08/31/06
Wonderful!! Very creative take on this, and I LOVED the little girl. Your language is stunning.
09/01/06
Chills!
A very sweet story. I was actually meditating on a similar theme this morning as I watched a hummingbird flit about my yard with perfect confidence.

“There are none who are worthless in the Lord’s eyes. Jesus the Messiah has returned to redeem us all.”

When I reflect that He cares about the smallest creatures, how can I doubt His love for me?

Great work! :-)
09/01/06
Beautiful!

I love the Jewish atmopshere to the piece - the Hebrew is lovely in it too.

Great writing!
AHA! Very creative take on "melody" - the braying of a donkey. "The" donkey, no less! You drew me in from the beginning with great character development...well done. :-)
Excellent work! I loved this!
09/02/06
Terrific perspective on the theme. Love it!
09/02/06
“There are none who are worthless in the Lord’s eyes. Jesus the Messiah has returned to redeem us all.”
And that line is the summary of this whole piece. Wonderful, creative writing.
09/03/06
Oh, wow. I can't tell you how much *I* am so, so often an unbroken ass. This is priceless.
09/05/06
What a great story. I love filling in the gaps of Bible passages with imagination. Maybe when we get to heaven, we'll find that some of that imagining was really what happened.

Judy
Masterful writing! I'm betting this is a winner!
09/06/06
Delightful read. Loved the POV. Created a great sense of time and place and put a believable character in it.
This really is a beautiful story. I love how you protrayed the donkey as "unusable" in man's eyes, but perfectly fit in God's eyes.
09/06/06
I loved how you opened this story. Your writing breathed life into your characters. I also enjoyed this realistic perspective and how you brought the times to life. Great job!
09/07/06
Masterful! Creative! Awesome! Winner! :)
09/07/06
Congratulations on your EC win Amy. This was my favorite entry this week!
09/07/06
Wonderful story! Congratulations!! Way to go Amy!!
09/07/06
This soooo awesome! Wonderful! I loved it. Great job, Amy!
09/07/06
Congrats, Amy! I love how you use odd points of view to tell your story.
Congratulations on your win, Amy. Very well written.
09/23/06
Hiya, Amy--I'm going to showcase this story on the week of October 2nd. It's one of my very favorites of yours.