The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 594 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/08/19
I love the way you wrote this to make the reader think it's one thing, when it is actually another.

I had to chuckle because a couple of days ago I read a reddit post of "What the animals said to God that made Him change His mind about them." And there was one with the butterfly. God told the butterfly that He was going to make it the most beautiful creature from the beginning of its life to the end. The butterfly said, "Well course you are. I deserve nothing less." God replied, "OK then. Half your life to be spent as a worm!"
08/08/19
This would have been good for the "Surprise" topic, too! Totally led my mind down the wrong path, but it was perfect.
You could take this two ways. Either way would be right.
08/09/19
A nicely written poem with a surprise ending. You got me. Good job.
08/09/19
By the third stanza, I knew where this was going, but it's so true! Well done.
I have lots of monarchs on my zinnias right now. They're beautiful, and so is this. You had me fooled until the end.
08/13/19
That was definitely not the ending I was expecting. Great job on this poem.
This paints such a great picture. I always enjoy a good twist, although rarely am I surprised. You surprised and delighted me!
EXquisite! And so deserving of a win. This has to be one of your very best poems. Big time congratulations, dear friend!
08/15/19
Yay on your 3rd place win!