The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 408 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/25/19
An intriguing story and well-told. I could see the whole thing from your descriptions.

I've gone back to school for a degree in graphic design, so I've had to take various art classes. In one class we had a discussion about this very topic: what makes art, art? We all agreed that beauty is definitely in the eye of he beholder. My final project was based around a visit to a local art museum. I have to admit that after having been through the class, I viewed each piece a lot differently than I would have prior. However, I still marvel at certain works of "art" at which I simply shake my head.

I think I would have liked to see such a boulder!
07/26/19
I agree with this being a prime example of art being in the eye of the beholder. I think the true art in this boulder must have been the art of getting it to the museum.

You did a great job of describing the journey and your experience in it.
I thought the best artistry was your description of the stationary contraption. I could picture it with vivid colourful clarity.Good take on topic.
I thought the best artistry was your description of the stationary contraption. I could picture it with vivid colourful clarity.Good take on topic.
You did a fine job of painting a picture with your words. I often look at things in nature and just am in awe of the greatest artist in the universe--God. You did a great job of showing how to look through different eyes to see the beauty right before us.
I was fascinated with your story of the big rock. Your descriptions were outstanding. I, too, fail to see the beauty or meaning of some pieces called "art."
07/29/19
Beautiful!
Blessings~
In total agreement with your assessment of some pieces of "art." You told this story well and made good points. Kudos.