The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1398 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/25/12
This brought back so many memories for me as a little girl with my grandmother. I loved it, it touched my heart and made me smile.

Thanks. God bless~
10/27/12
I enjoyed your story with the tea parties and grandaugter-grandmother relationship. I can imagine this as a picture story book.
10/29/12
Aww... what a touching story. There is nothing like the relationship between a grandmother and granddaughter. Great work.

God bless!
Great writing! My grandmother was a lady too!
Oohhh what a beautiful story. You did an outstanding job of building the characters. I enjoyed watching Janey grow up and loved the lessons that Grandma taught her. The only red ink I could see is tiny and may be a UK spelling but I've always seen weekend as one word with no hyphen but again that is such a tiny detail. You nailed the topic but did so in a fresh way and told a lovely story that tugged at my heart and left me with a smile.
I'm a sucker for a "grandmother" story, and yours doesn't disappoint. I loved the last sentence best.
11/01/12
This story is very touching and I was really moved by it. I liked the way the story developed throughout Janey's growing up, at the different stages of her life. This special relationship between grandmother and granddaughter made the end very poignant indeed.
11/03/12
Congratulations on your 3rd place. Certainly well deserved.
11/03/12
Our four year old granddaughter is always wanting to have a tea party with grampy and I. I began tearing up about half way through and my eyes were spilling over at the end. Beautiful tribute to grandparent - grandchild relationships. Thank you!!
A well deserved win. Congrats!