The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1769 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
this is a beautiful, sweet story- but bigger than a short story allows. I think you should take this and turn it into a novel-- you've got all your pieces there. :)

and it seems we were touched by similar verses for our stories :)

06/12/11
So poignant!
So beautiful! Such different challenges they faced back then, yet they faced them the way we should today. What a message of faith
Beautiful in the trusting sorrow. I chose Sparrow as my nickname years ago in hopes that I can be reminded to have that same outlook.
06/13/11
Beautiful in its melancholy voice. My favourite so far. Thanks!
You've written a beautiful characterization of a strong woman of faith in a hard land.
06/15/11
This made me think of my grandmother, who recently left to be with Jesus. Thank you for the lovely, poignant work.
This was a delight to read. I felt like I was reading a synopsis of a Janette Oke book. Id love to see these characters and vivid descriptions in a novel series. I wouldn't be able to pit the books down.
A fitting title and a heart-warming read. Well done.
Wow. This is simply amazing and yes Lynn and Shann, I agree. Tis could surely needs to be made into a novel and beautifully does remind me as well of Janette Oake's talent. Congrats on your placing n win!
06/16/11
Such a hauntingly beautiful tale. The short entries in her journal were an apt description of her life.

I totally agree with the others that this should become a novel or a series of novels.

Congratulations on your 5th place EC win. I am going to mark your website. I have never been disappointed after reading any of your stories.
06/16/11
Glad to see this with the EC attached. Great work!
I love stories like this. Your talent has no bounds.