The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1376 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/05/10
Thank you for these honest snapshots of the courage and persistence it takes to live on the edge for Jesus' sake. God bless you.
What a great story of a young man's and his mother's eek moments. I felt for the mother as she left him at school as this is one of the harder things I did as a mother.
03/05/10
Way kool. Very smooth, artsy, touching and moving. It was a quiet piece, but earthshattering in its elegance. Gave me a big warm smile. God bless.
Graphic discriptions of why we must pray for our missionaries. They endure hardships that I, for one, have never imagined.
03/06/10
Wow! Talk about writing from the inside out. It touched some heart strings I didn't realize I had.
This piece touches the heart, thanks!
03/09/10
Yep, that's all happened to us. Whoever wrote this certainly knows what she's talking about!
Although I appreciate that the story is as valid for India as for Africa, I think it would help the reader to be able to set the vignettes within a specific era and location.
03/09/10
Wonderful in every way. Thank you for sharing with us.
I don't use this word often--this piece was awesome! Brought tears to my eyes, gave me chills. Excellent descriptions and atmosphere. Thank you for sharing.
03/10/10
Lovely. I was a little jolted by the numbering - personal preference on my part - and perhaps would have preferred simply a larger space between the paragraphs or a bullet instead. Over all, wonderful!
03/10/10
An eye-opening entry to life on the mission field. I enjoyed your vignettes. It makes you appreciate what has been accomplished for Him.

My husband's early years were in Laos, where his parents were missionaries. (he was the youngest of 6 boys). I've heard a few stories too.
03/11/10
I really like the third person present for stories like these. To me, the slightly detached feel makes the experiences more vivid. I'm definitely a fan of the understated approach to emotional stories. Well done!
03/11/10
Colourful and descriptive... a reminder of the differences far away, and of God's protective, ever-present hands.

(A little distracted by the numerals... Thought each tableau could just "fade" away with "ellipses," perhaps, allowing the reader to merge the images... or reflect deeper.)