The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1659 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/10/09
And a switch in attitude. You've profiled some strong emotions without laboring the point. I love the way your MC warms to hope in spite of what's been happening in her family, as the grandchildren live out the beauty of the prophecy of Is 11:6: "... and a little child will lead them." Have a wonderful Christmas.
12/11/09
Lovely story.
12/11/09
Beautiful story-I can identify with the monotone feelings!
12/11/09
This felt very real. I'm sure many people experience this during the hoildays. Very good story. Cute dialogue. I enjoyed reading it.
I've lived ina life that was shades of gray--you describe it very well and give hope in a situation that is often hard to see. Very well done.
12/14/09
I love your story. In the midst of despair and heartbreak, there is hope. This is so tenderly written. Praying for you...
12/14/09
Beuatiful and painfully realistic. Thank God for His healing. Excellent work!
Thanks for sharing. Aren't grandchildren grand!
Great story of joy being restored. Thanks for sharing. Well done.
12/15/09
An excellent title. A very nice sorrow to sweet story. I like the toddler's exclamations of "Kissmas!" too.
Beautifully told story. Joy that comes from little grandchildren is better than any pills.
12/16/09
Lovely.
Great transition from despair to joy - smooth and natural. Well written and a tug on the heart. I love the message of hope in this Christmas story.
12/17/09
Dianne--I'm pleased to see this on the EC list. Be encouraged, God is still on the throne. Praying for your family. ...and super congrats!! :)