The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2748 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/22/09
Your sense of humor is obvious with this truly entertaining poem. A+ for rhyme and meter, and for keeping me smiling all the way through.
10/22/09
Very fun poem. Good writing.
This is absolutely adorable! Loved it, rhyme, theme, characters and all.
10/24/09
Clever clever clever,almost Dr.Seuss-like.Very fun read.
10/27/09
Oh, my! This hilarious poem is WONDERFUL! The rhyming is well-done, the story told is engaging, and I loved the whole thing! :) (It just didn't seem very "black" to me!) I wish I could write poetry like you do!!
This was fun and so adorable. I especially like the last stanza. You have a gift for humor. Great job!
10/27/09
Very original and full of fun.

Mona
You know I'm always envious (shh don't tell) of your creativity in narrative poems, and this one is no exception. I love it!
Hahaha! Oh, this is Disney worthy in every detail! Reminds me so much of one of their animated classics! What witty and wonderful entertainment you've served up!
10/28/09
So, so fun! I love your sense of whimsy.
WOO Hoo!!!! BOB!!!
10/29/09
HA HA HA!!
Congratulatios, Bethy! You deserve it. This is great writing!
10/29/09
I am soooooooo happy for you, Beth! #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I just knew this wonderful poem would be at the top this week! You are one talented writer, for sure! :D
10/29/09
yay Beffy! Congrats on first place. WIth that team, how could you lose?
10/29/09
This is SO fun to read and creative! Major congratulations!!
10/29/09
Hooray for you Beth! This is so wonderfully winningly whimsical! Congratulations!!
Congratulations, Beth! This wonderful treasure in rhyme and rhythm sailed you to #1! Right where it should be! ;-)
10/29/09
This is awesome! Well done on a this poem and congratulations on your EC!
This is so delightful and perfectly constructed. I'm so happy for you, getting 1st place EC. Woo-hoo! Congratulations!
11/01/09
Beth!! Congrats and a HUGE whoooo hooo... your poetry always blows me away.. and your wit along with the skill and art of making it all work so smoothly... enjoy the moment .. you deserve it..
I have always loved "The Walrus and the Carpenter," and this beautifully crafted whimsical piece certainly fits that love. I can't wait to see it in print! Congratulations!
01/22/10
I'm such a fan of your writing...ALWAYS!!!!
Congratulations on your win, Beth; and just like Carol, I am always your fan.