The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1739 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/06
A very unusual story. Can't wait to see what mind came up with this.
Very creative, haha! Thought-provoking, too. Good job.
10/29/06
Interesting story! I'll pick on your dates, though. It sounded like the stories of the penguin started in 1985, but then the pastor finally had a chance to see him for himself - in January of 1985. I'd spread the dates out a bit in order to build mroe suspense. Other than that, this was very creative. Good job.
10/29/06
Wow! This story is certainly out of the box. It kept me reading from start to finish. Great writing!
10/30/06
Unique but well-told. It certainly held my interest. Thanks so much for sharing this
10/30/06
*grins stupidly* If I ever became a professional missionary, I think I'd wanna be like the penguin...just cause that's how quirky my humor is.

Amazing!
I loved this! I was intrigued enough about the identity of the penguin missionary to continue through to the end.

A few typos here and there, but what inspiration!

And, by the way, I loved your avatar advertisement! Cute! I chuckle every time I see it!
Oh my! This was fun. I understand the "serious" message, but I chuckled at your creativity. Penguins by their very nature are a hoot. I see a typo or two, but what a fun, fun read anyhoo. Thanks!
I totally loved this! It was hilarious and very encouraging. I wish it could have been expanded a tad more, it seemd a little awkward in some places, but it was very good reading! Excellent job!
10/31/06
Your imagination is awesome! I love the story -- a little tweaking and it's perfect! But where on earth did you come up with this idea? Totally awesome! Wow!
11/01/06
So, you're just going to leave us dangling, wondering about the identity of "The Penguin Missionary?" No fair! There's more to this story and I want to get to the bottom of it! Thanks for a fun (but "incomplete") mystery story. Chapter two, please?
11/01/06
Unusual and creative, thanks for posting.
11/02/06
This was great. I really want to know who the Penguin Missionary is.
11/03/06
Don't get too comfortable, the Lord might have something more for you to do:-) Reminds me of the saying, "Bloom where your planted." I know, random thoughts, but the very first things that popped into my mind after reading your story. You continually amaze me as a writer. Gotta love that penguin!
11/03/06
Man! This would make a great movie! Wish I was a producer! Loved this. Def on of my favs and I'm also glad to give you a DAVEY for it. I also want in my Anthology so I can share it with others. Well done!
11/06/06
The alternative church evicted from its buildings forced into being by God's missionary penguin. A prohetic message.
11/06/06
The point being....? Ah, yes, creative, unique, Sci-Fi-ish...and a "slip" up on letting the bottle slip; otherwise, I'm still pondering what's the meaning of "liberty", and also What's in Australia aside from cute little bears and 'Roos. Now, can I get a Penguin Award? PS: It's Very, very intriguing, Sir...Honest!
I glad I drug myself away from your avatar to read about the penguin missinary. Now I know what the fuss is all about. I don't know about "unusual" but VERY intriguing. Can't wait for the sequel in Australia!!
(PS to MariLyn - "Liberty" is the town where the PM next appeared to Carlos)
08/22/10
This was incredibly quirky and outside the box...and I loved it! :)