The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2040 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/06
This is a good way to convey God's call in our lives. Very original and thought provoking.
11/02/06
Linda, this was a powerful poem. It flowed so nicely with its rhythm and rhyme. A message straight from the Lord. Thank you.
11/02/06
COngratulations Linda. A powerful poem.
11/02/06
Oh Linda ... this is so awesome and poignant - perfect. Congratulations dear friend.
11/02/06
Congratulations, Linda! You're getting to be quite a regular in EC these days. :)
I thoroughly enjoyed this poem. It definitely speaks to the heart of the topic. Congratulations!
WOW! This is beautiful, Linda! Congrats on a well-deserved win!
11/13/06
Come and post your poetry at Poetry and Poets of God: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/poetryandpoetsofgod/
Linda, do you know what this poem reminds me of? That old hymn we used to sing at Nyack. "To the regions beyond, I must go, I must go, for the story has never been told....." Remember that one?

I had two sisters, both Nyack grads, who were Alliance missionaries with their husbands; one to the Philippines and one to West Africa. They would have been at Nyack before you. Both sisters had children who returned to the field when they were grown.

Billy Graham once said that the first thing he looks for when he visits a church is what evidence the church shows for supporting foreign missions and thus hastening the return of Jesus.

Thrilling, isn't it?