The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1668 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/29/06
Very good - graphic but that adds to the reality of what happened. Contemporary style added a unique touch. Good job.
08/01/06
Wow! I wonder if those thoughts were actually going through Jesus' head on the way to the cross. It's very possible, for sure. I loved the style - the memories of his life here on earth written in italics added spice to an already flavorful piece. Well written - strong and powerful writing throughout. Well done!
08/01/06
I agree with Lynda's comments. This is a master piece!
08/01/06
Took me a bit to catch on (but I am probably just slow that way!), but once I did, I loved it! I enjoyed this totally different perspective.
You did a great job with this. Definitely my favorite!
Pup, I really loved this. The way you went back and forth between his present circumstances and memories, all with out names, was very effective. I especially liked how you fit in the words of wisdom from his father and tied it to his walk.
This is a very creative take on a familiar story. Good job.
08/02/06
For what its worth from a VERY beginning beginner...from the intro this man could be "any man" --tho it didn't take long to see Who it was...I love it.
08/02/06
For what its worth from a VERY beginning beginner...from the intro this man could be "any man" --tho it didn't take long to see Who it was...I love it.
08/02/06
This is awesome! It took me a little bit to figure out the biblical reference, but once I did I was amazed. This is great writing that "hides" a lesson, too!
08/02/06
Well done! Great details, I loved the blending of the current with the memories.
Pup, I'm with Kim and her comments and the title fits perfectly.

Blessings!
Great piece. I love the way it starts out with the description of a convict and little by little you reveal who that convict really was. Subtle but wonderful.
08/02/06
Pup, this was absolutely wonderful! I also loved every bit of it, and thought the title was perfect. Beautiful job!
Very beautiful! I really enjoyed this.
08/03/06
I adored this, especially the memories, adding such a nostalgic, reflective quality to the story. A beautiful glimpse at our Saviour's heart. Wow!
I also liked how the reader slowly came to an awareness of Who the MC was. Well done!
08/04/06
My suggestion is to share this with your pastor. It would make a gripping alternative to a Good Friday sermon.