The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2105 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was a neat job. I especially liked the bit about the savior saying there are several other actors like me. A unique take on the topic.
03/10/06
Wow - this is terribly clever and creative. What a beautiful and expressive way to tell the most important story of the ages. Congratulations.
03/10/06
One of my favorites--not just this week, but since I've been here. Very creative, and moving as well. *standing ovation*
Loved this! The analogies are fantastic.
I found this just a tad hard to follow, but it was worth the effort. Well done! Very creative.
03/11/06
Very creative. This is neat! My only trouble with it is that the reader has to get about 4 or 5 para's in before the piece really picks up. That said... the message is great and very well written.
03/11/06
Jan stole my line! *Standing ovation! clap, clap* Wow David! What-a-read! Very much worth it!
Oh, David, what a wonderful playing out of the Drama of the Ages! So beautifully and compellingly creative!!
03/13/06
Just magnificent!
03/13/06
This is great! A well-deserved win.
03/13/06
I was right there in the theater (probably playing in the pits ;) ) This was awesome!
Bravo! This was a delight to read. :) Great message, unique presentation.
03/14/06
Excellent! I felt such an anointing on the next to the last paragraph. Favorite line;
"You played your part, well done, good and faithful, I’ll be joining you soon by and by.”
Loved it! Congratulations on your win... Kate~
03/14/06
Thanks Kathleen, and everyone who's left comments.

And yeah, I keep reading the bits after "Cut To Black" over and over and over and over again. It's like I didn't write it...

Thanks all
I read this before the winners were announced, but have been offline and could not post my response. I personally thought it was a very interesting idea, but found a few things I wanted different.

I wanted the cliche (to the nines) in quotes. I wanted to see the line "jovial AND sparkling AND festive AND gay" turned into "jovial, sparkling, festive and gay." I had two lines in the piece I would have loved to seen rephrased. I found "audience erupts to my intro in song" to be awkward and had to reread it thrice. I did not like the phrase "sight of their blood orgy" - but have to admit that one was probably fitting.

Good thing I'm not a judge, uh? lol.

Really, the piece was interesting and original. It was a superb metaphor that hasn't been 'played to death'.

Thank you.
Woo hoo, very creative entry for "enter!" All those entrants....leading up to the finale. I agree, the ending is pretty darn gripping. Good job!!!
04/13/06
David. Should have known you'd win an entry one of these days.
Extroadinary.
Different.
You have a style I could only dream to imitate.
Congrats, but it was well deserved.
Inspired piece.