The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2101 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/26/11
I love the humor in this piece. Even with the somewhat zany premise, the voice of your narrator was so matter-of-fact that the contrast was a delight. Well done.
08/26/11
You've had a lot of fun with this self-deprecating piece, and thanks for including us in it.
"Don't take literally scriptures you don't understand, and if you do, you may not get the results that are hoped for."

lol, what a lesson in that! Enjoyed the voice in this story.
08/27/11
What a hoot! You had me smiling the whole way:)
A fun read.
08/29/11
Really enjoyed this fun piece. Loved the voice throughout and you rounded it off well with the last paragraph. Great job for the topic!
08/30/11
This one kept me chuckling until the end. Well written! Thanks for sharing! God bless!
08/30/11
Original and unique format, but I had to dig a bit for the comedy and error aspect. But then my funny bone is somewhat underdeveloped.:-) I think the satirical flavor, and the theme of the piece bent closer to error than comedy...just my opinion.:-)
We can indeed over analyze or put to test the scriptures and, if it were possible, by doing so, strain the truth.

"But the TESTimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple..." Loved the title!
The first example was my favorite. Hard to beat such good advice for preventing nagging from a wife. (Gonna keep that little secret from my husband!)
Congratulations for ranking 10th in level 3!