The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1501 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/10/11
A great reminder that our trust needs to remain steadfast in the Lord and not the downward spiral of the economy. Thanks for sharing! God bless!
06/11/11
Your prayer was terrific, but to be honest - for the rest, for this challenge story, instead of just posting news headline facts and scripture, (most that your readers would already know) I would have preferred a story more in your own words, that showed an example of someone depending on God and not situation or circumstance. Something that would have given a visual of the “facts’ you so liberally present. Just my humble opinion.

That aside, if I were reading this in a newspaper or a Christian news print, I would have thought it very well written. Blessings!
06/12/11
I would like to apologize if my putting “facts” as I did, inside quotation marks offended in that it seemed I was questioning your facts, I was certainly not doing that! Your facts seemed absolute and well researched! I shouldn’t have used the marks. What I was merely trying to stress was I felt like I was being hit with facts (tell) and had wished for more vision (show) of your article’s wonderful message.
06/12/11
This is well researched, and (for a Christian reader) very reassuring. However, I'm a little frustrated - that in all the upheavals and delays that you have pointed out so clearly; and in the detail of God's provision in spite of the gloom - that for Christian readers there are few tools for us to express his invitation to non-believers to shift from their crumbling power bases and embrace the same privilege of being part of his family.
This is a great devo. I often joke that the thing I do best is worry. Thank you for the reminder to give my worries to God.
06/13/11
Excellent devotional on relying solely on God through thick and thin. All your problems in USA are mirrored here in the UK. Thanks!
I particularly like your choice of Scripture verse for the beginning and your encouraging words in the second half. I think you might summarize some of the facts in the first three paragraphs or even leave out the second and third paragraphs, but to be perfectly honest, a well developed portrayal of the facts did not bother me as I read this devotional that has encouragement because God is in charge.
06/15/11
thank you this was interesting for me and i loved the top and tailing with scripture. The economic downturn is also a source of much anxiety in the UK so it is relevant to all. I rather liked the documentary/factual approach myself as a welcome change from the fictional ... not that i am criticizing those that have chosen to write the other.. maybe a more Headline grabbing title would have suited this .. your one word title is a little bland.
06/15/11
As usual, your message is spot on. Well done.