The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1193 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/02/10
Loved this cute little entry. I was happy when her date called and said he was sorry he was late. Great ending.
To invoke an emotion in a person who does not normally read romance is very impressive. Great Job.
12/02/10
I thought you very effectively captured the disappointment we experience when our expectations are frustrated. Nice writing! :) (3rd paragraph typo: "many time")
12/03/10
I like how you have set the scene and the mood of this story, and then built it gently towards a positive close.
12/03/10
The body language, not just the sign language part, was quite visual. You did a good job showing Rachel's emotions through her expressions. You continue to amaze me, especially how well you've been able to connect your series with the challenge topic for the week. As always, well done.
I chuckled at the "axe murdering terrorist" comment. I'm glad he turned up in the end to make her night. I love a happy ending.
12/04/10
A good interesting entry - well on topic. Thanks!
I really enjoyed this, especially the end that was NOT all neat and tidy. Was glad that her date called too-what a relief! But I also liked that the man's problems weren't miraculously solved. Good job.
This is such a great story. I only wish I could know what happens next. You've done an outstanding job with these stories. Each one could easily stand on its own. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was ranked quite high!!
Wow, you pulled this together superbly! AND left me with so much happy expectation. I actually felt thrilled that Rachel met Jim's dad. :) :) Now, this isn't done by a long shot....we HAVE GOT to see how it turns out with moving/not moving, that first date and so on and so on and so on. If not, you left so many scenarios for the reader to play out and all good! Great Job...TRULY!
I enjoyed this and I am looking forward to the chapter. Keep writing.
12/08/10
What a sweet story. Great characters and descriptions.
12/08/10
Love this! Great idea using sign language for the topic, as well as the body language of the characters' moods.

I liked reading this continuation of Rachel's story. I remember the one from the rumor/gossip topic where her friend thought that he was an axe-murdering-terrorist. ;)

I look forward to reading the rest of the story!