The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 833 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was exciting. I've heard how the scrolls were discovered, but you brought me right back into time with you.
I liked this. Good take on the challenge, to give us solid info. on what happened before and after the scrolls were found. This and the Wycliffe story rank high on my list.
05/11/10
This is a lovely telling of that great find. Parts of it made me smile or shudder (food for the fire tonight!) You brought the character to life beautifully (with for instance his fear of the cave) and I really liked the Isaiah passage woven throughout it.
Wow, this took me back in time. I felt like I was there. I really enjoyed this. He never knew how priceless that find truley was.
05/11/10
What a treasure! You've brought this story to life for the reader. Very nice!
05/12/10
I loved the story. You brought the characters to life with the little details about them. But I found the scripture interrupted the story for me. Could you have put it at the end when the scholar realized what he had?
05/12/10
I wondered if this bit of history would show up this week. :) I like the "story" with the discovery and would have liked to see that fictionally developed a bit more.
Fascinating, and the way you told it simply made it that much more enjoyable to read (and learn). Great job making something that could be dull into something that really shines.