The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1168 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/24/10
I loved this story which was so well written and, perhaps, based on fact. I feared for the worst when the telegram arrived; so glad the news was positive. God is good!
I love to read and write stories based on true events. I felt this moved a little slowly in some places, especially the opening, but otherwise well done.
This was a touching story, I could really feel the time era.

It slowed a bit through the middle, maybe could tighten some of the paragraphs.

Loved the message: read. pray. pray. and pray some more. The reader in your story was on the right track! Good job bringing it all around
04/26/10
Your story is fascinating. I loved your MC's prayer practice. I was a little fearful toward the end, so the good news was very welcome!
Your descriptions gave me a birds eye view into your story. Loved the peaceful pace amidst the inner turmoil and so glad for a happy ending!
Your story demonstrated what life is like for family members of all who fight for our country. It was a great demonstration of how long one must have waited back then before the era of instant news.
Congratulations in placing in the top 40 over-all and in the top 15 of your level. Good job!
05/11/10
A fitting tribute to intercession that resonates with our own situation as serving missonaries. Well done for getting the history right and calling the city Peking rather than the modern name Beijing.