The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1096 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/14/09
A clever poke at the newspeak nonsense running amok in our culture. Well done.
05/15/09
Thank goodness I teach at a church school where I can mark away in red all I want. Your title drew me in and your story didn't disappoint one bit. I chuckled all the way through it. Very original and well-written.
05/16/09
I enjoyed this piece and, as an educator, could relate to some of the "nonsense" that takes place in education. I was let down by the ending, though. The "it was a dream" is cliched. Otherwise, a very funny story.
05/17/09
Insightful social commentary offered in a easy to embrace way.

I do believe that we do not allow our children to grapple with the challenges of life. And thus, I fear we are not preparing them well and not allowing them to learn how resilient and courageous they can be.
05/21/09
A fantastically fun way to make your point (with which I totally agree!). Wonderfully done and congratulations on the win!
05/21/09
Witty and clever. Loved all of the alternate terms. Guess I lost you a bit at the end with the nightmare bit... I'll read it again. Great entry though with quick, well written dialogue. Congrats on your win!
05/21/09
Congratulations on your EC. This is very clever--and unfortunately, too true. Nice job with the topic.
05/21/09
Very cute and well done! Too much "going around the elbow to get your thumb" happens nowadays....:9 Congratulations on your win!
This entry was abundantly constructed and the jocular content ensured the removal of my gluteus maximus :-)
Congrats on the win. Well written...well done.
05/22/09
Wow! I admire you for picking an important topic and turning it into such a fun entry. I wish I could pull off this light-hearted style. I agree with the commentator who said that you needn't have made it a dream. It would have worked just as well as a real conversation. Nevertheless, congratulations indeed on your EC!
05/22/09
Whoops! That was goofy. I was logged in as my other half. And have been for the last half dozen congrats I've posted. Sorry!
I agree as well about the ending being a dream. I am living that real life nightmare with a 14-year old. Some teachers really do care but basically the good ones have their hands tied. Really enjoy you exposing the goings on some may not be aware of in a FUN way!