The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1241 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/27/07
Am I now guilty of feeding on scandal by responding to such a brilliant attention-grabbing title? Shame on me! :)
You have restored my faith in commentary/devotionals. I had thought that the narrative approach was the only way to go, but by reading this excellent work, I realize that at times "ya gotta give it to 'em straight." Well thought through and forcefully delivered.
This is a wonderful message. I find myself fighting an inner battle between "wanting to know" and being repulsed by some news stories. Thankfully we don't have cable and only get one tv station, but the temptation is still there. It's everywehere. Hopefully, I will think of this, turn away, and open my Bible instead.
07/27/07
Your faux headline DID capture my attention! ( Uh-oh!)
Good devotional that is well written and makes your point superbly!
This is excellent. Your use of the flashy title captured my attention like today's media uses to capture the world's. Good point, well taken. Good reminder that we as Christians need to live by a different standard than the world. Well written. Good job.
07/28/07
Great message. Your title grabbed me right off. God bless.
An excellent devotional here with a truly important message for all of us.
08/02/07
Your message is sound. As we grow closer to God, we find that we are more inclined to reject the sensationalism of the media or gossip. We gradually become a 'new creation'. Thanks for writing and sharing this soul-searching article.