The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1201 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/19/07
This was very funny! There's never a dull moment with kids around. Good story!
04/20/07
I loved this story! All the characters came alive with the colorful dialogue and the longsuffering mom's thoughts. I could totally relate to it, having had to deal both with bored teenagers and with lively toddlers--especially in airports.

I began to wonder when she felt the hand on her knee whether it might be her toddler doing that--but if I were in her place, I know I would have thought what she did. Great job!
04/20/07
This is sooo funny! Leave it to the kids to keep us smiling!
04/20/07
Great!!! This could totally happen except during my exam I left my kids at home to avoid that, ha ha. You captured the heart and hands of a preschooler well, as well as the pre teen sulk. Really nice work!
You certainly succeeded at making me laugh. This is an excellent account of life with kids.
04/21/07
You had me going there - almost forgot this was humour category, not drama. Great stuff.
04/21/07
I'm still laughing! Having been molested by a dentist once as a teenager, I really identify with this. My goodness...what if she had hit the optometrist?!? Well he sort of sounded guilty with his, 'Don't look down,' statement. I liked this from the beginning to the end. Bravo.
Good story. Children can really make your day.
04/23/07
Nice real images - good dialogue - Very honest and real portrayal of what many moms go through:)
Love the dialouge between the mom and kids. Cameron was a very good character. I did notice that you used a lot of commas in the very first couple of sentences. I'm not a grammar expert, but maybe a few too many? I loved the twist at the end where it was the kid and not the eye doctor. Good job(and cute title)!