The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1684 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Well done! Now I want to read more Poe.
02/02/07
Wonderful! I love Poe--he's great to teach to high schoolers--and I was wondering how you were going to end this poem. You found just the right note!
Great job! It flows together perfectly. Very imaginitive take on the topic as well.
I love poetry, but I'm hard to please. I did enjoy this poem however. Keep it up!
02/04/07
Now THIS is what I call fantastic poetry! Great job! Perfect rhyme and rhythm,metered to perfection. Fantastico! Kudos, fellow Poet, Kudos!
Nice job! Kudos! I like your work.
Besides writing so skillfully, you've voiced a thought I've often had when enjoying some of the gifted greats of literature. Well done!
02/07/07
This brought me back to the 5th grade where my teacher would read Poe to us by candlelight! You did a great descriptive job and your twist at the end was delightful. Well done.
Well, perhaps 5 years too late, I'll make my comment and say I think this is brilliant! Like the first 'commenter' it has made me want to read more of Poe! Knowing he has rather a dark frame of mind though, I am thrilled with how your poem ends - wonderful! Really enjoyed this.