The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 928 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/18/12
Nicely done. Good rendering of precious memories. Would make a good devotional.
I couldn't help thinking while I was reading that this would be perfect for the cup topic this week and wondered if you groaned when you saw the new topic. It also fits the topic this week too. Those cups and mugs are a physical reminder of the people who have and do love the MC. We all have those days when we need a reminder that we are loved and your story shows just that. It was a lovely read. Nice job.
I liked your "cups" descriptions very much. I could identify with it in so many ways. My "stuff" that I treasure the most is not the most expensive but is that which has the most meaning for me because it was gifted to me by special people or brings back special memories.
10/20/12
This is a gentle and sweet story. I could picture a little old lady shuffling around, getting her bits and bobs together and drifting off into her past. I think this could be a nice devotional.
10/21/12
I enjoy the warm humour of your work, which reminds me of another coffee cup with a happy face and the message: "Jesus loves you - but I'm his favourite!"
Congratulations for placing 9th in level four and 15 overall!