The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1448 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Monica might want to sing along with Ferlin Husky on his hit song, "On the Wings of a Dove." She could sing it with appropriate feeling. What fun.
02/04/11
I wasn't sure where the story was going until the end. But the ending did make me smile!
This was funny, but with a touch of sadness. However I did laugh at the pigeon toe remark and the Author's note had me giggling as well. It's always good to have a dream!
02/05/11
This is so whimsical that we get caught up in the dream of it all only to have you smash it for us. Awesome story, anyway:)
02/06/11
An excellent build up to the funny twist at the end. Thanks!
02/07/11
I'm so glad you informed us that this wasn't true. :) What a great clever story, so skillfully woven, towing your reader to the skies until you burst the fantasy bubble with the pigeon-towed :) What an imagination! What fun! Love it!
I should have known I was in for a wild ride. Oh my! I know you had fun writing this. I did while reading it--a whole story based on a pun!
02/08/11
I soooooooo did not see the ending coming. Oh my, oh my. Lots of talent, great story telling, strong archaic feel to it and then pigeon-towed? It's a good thing you weren't here when I read this or I would have hit you and hurt you. Of course, I would have been laughing too hard to do too much damage.
02/10/11
I will never see the white cliffs of Dover again without remembering your pigeons! I was well away in fairyland with this one and such a witty ending. I was expecting it to be something to do with pigeon pooh. Mucky little beggars!
Congratulations for placing 13th in level three and 29th overall!