The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1539 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/27/09
Wonderful exploration of a grienving heart...your characterization is perfect.

I thought the first two paragraphs were a bit of a rough start, with the MC talking about "cracking" at the start of each paragraph, and I wish your title hadn't taken some of the "oooooh" out of the very excellent last word.

Which was precisely the right touch for this story. Very well done.
03/03/09
Ahhh...beautiful! You could feel the friendship (although it took a little while for me to figure out the relationship)
The title (and the last word) were perfect.
03/03/09
We really love those true friends who know just how to "fix" us. I have a friend like this. Priceless. So, the telling is great. Showing, Real Value=Simple. Loved it.
Mona
03/03/09
Delightful. I also couldn't work out what was going on at first. I wasn't even sure of the gender of the narrator. But once I had restarted your piece, it flowed beautifully - achingly so. Very well done.
03/04/09
Beautifully crafted and a delightful read. The emotions are so real. Wonderful.
03/04/09
Been there... done that. Anise is one of my favorite herbs. I like to suck on the whole seed.

By the way... I loved your beautifully written story, too.
03/04/09
Been there... done that. Anise is one of my favorite herbs. I like to suck on the whole seed.

By the way... I loved your beautifully written story, too.
Your writing just keeps getting better and better. You've presented such a mature viewpoint of grief and friendship in the beautiful, bittersweet story.