The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1586 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/04/08
Cute! Like bombing runs—it's the second plane that takes the flak—the victims having been awakened by the first plane. Very good.
09/04/08
Quite a few goodies in this one. Internal rhyme, alliteration, imagery ... of which "Phlebotomy in motion" is my favorite. ;) Great example of Anthropomorphism which doesn't take down the reader but happens to be a really fun read. ;) *chuckle, chuckle*
09/05/08
I laughed aloud at the end of this - as well as a few places in the middle. Great language and meter, and delightful.
09/07/08
Oh my! I love your last line! What a perfect ending for such nasty little creatures! LOL!
Living in Winnipeg I LOATHE mosquitoes! Kill em all!!!

Great story and I have NO sympathy whatsoever for the little bloodsuckers.
09/08/08
Hilarious--expecially the last two stanzas!
I'm glad he got his come-upins! Great rhyme, meter, and humor.
09/08/08
This was fun, good job!
Never thought of insects daring each other. Very unique. :)
Love everything about this fun poem and especially the last stanza.
09/09/08
Hahaha - this is funny and a great read. Great take on the topic.
09/11/08
I love "the skeeters on a dare" and I have to laugh at the "phlebotomy in motion". You have some great lines and your ending "I'm allergic to type A"… just puts this over the top. What fun!!