The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1321 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/01/07
I really enjoyed this story! The characters come alive with their colorful dialogue. Felt as though I were there in that distant time. The unusual title also sparked my curiosity. Great job!
11/02/07
You did a wonderful job of creating a sense of place and atmosphere. Your descriptions are crisp, and the dialog is wonderful.
11/02/07
Good job of creating a snapshot in time. Well written.
Loved the dialogue. Yoir setting was clear and the characters distinct. Good be ye job!
Excellent characters and dialogue. I could picture each scene.
11/04/07
Oh Dub, one of my favorites of yours! What a wonderful sense of setting and personalities! Fantastic title, too. Applause, applause!
Love the character, Liam. Excellent dialogue and storytelling. Very enjoyable.
Wowsers, what a voice this piece has. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
11/05/07
This was very different -- but wonderful! I love Liam even with his soiled pants!
Laury
You are great at dialogue and the imagery does create the place. And that place was clearly Sunday school.
11/07/07
This is a very entertaining and wonderful story. Great piece!
Thank you for a lovely trip back in time.
Great writing. I love the stories from the older days. Well done!
Bravo Dub, wonderful as always!
11/08/07
Good story a couple of typos, makes you wonder how the young man turns out with all the hitting that went on.