The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1741 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/21/14
What a lovely place you've written about.

My husband and I used to go to such a place, everyone knew each other and it was pleasant too!

It brought a smile to my face and especially the ending about "love" --nicely done.

God bless~
02/23/14
You capture the essence of the topic in a unique way.

Reading it aloud is what helped it come to life for me.

Keep up the writing dear talented one.

02/23/14
This was so enjoyable to read; I finished with a smile on my face. I can picture Wit's End and the people who go there for friendship and comfort.

02/23/14
Very good with a message for us all. Not to hit the bottle but head for the place at the end of street or better still for a hug from Jesus.
02/23/14
This is short, cute and bouncy with a good message to boot. I really like the last verse that summed it all up nicely. Great job!
02/23/14
I agree with the comment above - your last verse gives a great message!
02/23/14
The impact of this piece sneaks up through the simple enjoyment that introduces it. Well done.
At last - hold a cup of hot cocoa for me. Don't forget the whipped cream! I will be there, Bible in hand, Jesus in heart. Loved this!
02/24/14
Hey, there's a place in my son's neighborhood in Midtown Memphis similar to this! This is lovely, with perfect flow, rhyme, and meter.

Great job. Me thinks me sees another winner! Hoping...

Blessings!
02/25/14
Very cute! I have visited such coffee shops and I imagined them with the picture you painted. Rhyming poetry is tricky when you have to find the right words, match the right meter and still tell a flowing story. I enjoy trying it, but keep telling myself I really need a basic poetry review to understand the differences in styles.
Loved it!
Good Job, Toni.
I moved to FaithWriters from FanStory where there is a lot of poetry.
You mixed the rhyming scheme in each verse, which made it a little harder to read, but still the meter was right on.
I was picturing this place more as a soup kitchen than a coffee shop.
I truly enjoyed it.
02/27/14
Congratulations Toni!

God bless~
02/27/14
Congrats! You are movin' on up with a great pace. You have really done well and I am so proud for you!
Congratulations on ranking 4 in your level and 34 overall! The highest rankings can be found on the message boards. Happy Dance!!