The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1284 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/11/06
Beautiful story! I love that song! I thought you did a wonderful job with the topic. I loved how you described the colors. (Purple tasted like grape juice, etc.) Great job!
08/11/06
Lovely and tender. Be careful of switching from past to present tense and back again. This piece is very sweet.
08/13/06
Very vivid imagery made me feel a part of your tender story. Unique perspective.
08/14/06
A very sweet story.
08/15/06
What a tender sweet story of love, companionship and God's faithfulness. Trina keep up the good work and I want to thank you for all the encouragement you give to others. You are a blessing. Brenda
08/15/06
A great first line and an enticing title. I love that song too and liked how you included some of the words into your piece. A very enjoyable read.
A true vision of hope. My favourite line: “Nana, you really don’t need to. You did such a great job describing colors; it’s as if I was never blind.”
Great job!
08/15/06
I LOVE how you weave the song through the narrative - very effective. This is a sweet story.
Like the story, like the song and the way you weaved it in. Very good job.
08/17/06
Is there any limit to how many stories we can add to our "favorites" list? I love this tender story, especially how Nana describes colors to Chloe, and the happy ending.
Excellent job. Your story was touching and descriptive. Great idea using L. Armstrong's wonderful song with your writing.

Congrats on your placing. Keep it up, Trina.