The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1711 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/26/07
Loved the perspective! How eloquent.
01/26/07
Very sweet and powerful story! To me, it said that living my life beautifully and joyfully is an art form that can enrich and encourage others. I loved Tess's answer to the question her cygnets asked at the end, "What if no one sees?" How true! :)
01/26/07
Oh! This is wonderful! Words cannot express what this article did for my heart. Very well written. Thank you.
01/30/07
deliteful. i wouldve never thought ofa swan as an artist
01/30/07
"Tess" is just a jewel, and I'm so glad I got to read this. You gave us a picture of a work-in-progress (do I spy "winner" written all over this?) that has to go into my "favorites." I love birds, and the swan is the one most beautiful to my eyes. You have done the swan justice, for sure, with this lovely story.
01/30/07
Very visual, I could just picture these glorious birds.

In several spots, you have "artist" instead of "artists"--a bit distracting.

Your love for nature and its beauty is quite evident.
This was pretty good. I liked the creative ability in here, the use of swans as the artists was very good. A little awkward in the beginning with the mother and children, but it smoothed out at the end. Thanks for sharing this story!
01/31/07
Awesome ending and intriguig story. Could've been a bit more fluid, but well done none the less.
01/31/07
This is fantastic - creative and beautiful. I believe the judges will love it. I did. Impressive descriptive writing. Very well done!
01/31/07
What a wonderful point of view. I loved seeing this through a swan's eyes. Good work!
01/31/07
You have some wonderful descriptions here!Lovely.
02/01/07
Very, very good job. The scenes you described of swans on the water reminded of summers in Michigan on Thunder Bay River. Nice take on the topic as well and I enjoyed the lead and effective descriptive writing. God bless.
I really enjoyed this. No wonder it was highly commended. Good writing.