The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1091 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/28/06
Excellent story. The punch line was priceless: "Why didn't you ask, God, first, Mommy? Then you wouldn't have waited so long." We all need to learn that lesson. Well done.
I can't believe no one else has left any comments on this article. It's great. The story was easy to follow, had a great messege, awesome moral, incredible writing. All in all-great. I will be shocked if this doesn't place.
03/03/06
Wonderful story and message. I felt your anxiety and wondered when your prayer was coming. Yes, out of the mouth of babes....Why didn't you ask God first? Very well told.
03/03/06
I agree with the previous commenters--this is a gem. I suggest that you leave off the last paragraph, though, and end with the wisdom of her daughter. Very nice.
03/04/06
I agree with Jan - leave off the last two lines for a better impact to a wonderfully GREAT story. Well written, carried us along with all the emotions of the predicament. Great job!
03/06/06
Too true -we sometimes forget to pray until much later than we should have. Well done -good descriptions.
03/06/06
Congratulations on your 2nd Place Win! Well deserved! It's a beautiful story and written very well. Kudos, my friend,Kudos!
03/10/06
great suspence. truely wonderful. i love the little girl.
I really enjoyed reading this article. I pictured myself waiting for a taxi in the cold with my daughter because I could not afford a car at the time. I felt like I was right there at the store. Excellent writing! Thank you for your comment on my article, Petals of Hope.

Kathy Mikshenas