The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 617 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/30/13
Very intense and deep story about a conflicted soul doing battle within. Sounds like he was slowly getting convicted of truth. Good job with internal struggles and internal dialogue.

Nicely done.

Thanks. God bless~
Yes, God's word calls if we listen. God's word directs, if we follow.

Nice story form. If this is your style continue to develop it.
Poignant and so identifiable. Gripping story.

Grammar and punctuation come with usage - if I can help with spelling, I am available.

Terrific narrative . . .
09/02/13
You've awakened some ancient teenage memories here, and captured them so well.
Very atmospheric descriptions.
09/02/13
I like your story; a great picture of the turmoil that goes on in the hearts of umpteen teens (and some who haven't seen their teens in many moons).

One piece of feedback would be to watch the length of your sentences. I can speak to this because I am huge fan of the run-on sentence and always need to be wary of it.

Thanks for sharing this.
The inner turmoil and the possibility of resolution made this a worthwhile read. I think eliminating the reference to the mother, since she has no part in the story that follows, would improve the reader's focus on the story line. Well done.
09/03/13
Well done! Very descriptive writing. You have a gift for this style of writing.
09/04/13
This was intense and emotional. It felt real. Good writing. Keep working at it...you have a way with words.
09/04/13
You have written what seems to ring true for a teenager in this situation. Well done. I suggest a little more care with checking spelling and grammar. Eg you wrote 'loose weight' instead of 'lose weight'. But keep writing!
09/04/13
I liked your line about 'seeing himself through God's eyes.'
That's the only place of self revelation. Well written and relevant.