The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1160 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/11/12
Interesting and clever entry for the topic. Overall, a very good story. Thanks.
God bless~
10/12/12
Enjoyed your story very much. Volunteer work is a great way of getting employment as well as references for one's resume. Your main character was one smart guy.

God bless!
10/13/12
Very interesting story, with a strong twist at the end. You will build more interest and suspense for your readers by varying the length of your sentences and paragraphs, but you have real potential as a writer.
I really enjoyed your story. I thought it was quite clever and have done a similar thing that led to wonderful rewards beyond my expectation.

One thing I might suggest would be to go back and count how many times you used the word funny. I think you'll be surprised. When writing on topic it is nerve-wracking to make sure that people can tell it is on topic so often people resort to using the word over and over. However it wasn't necessary at all.

You did write on topic. It was more of the funny strange than the funny ha-ha but you still did a nice job of covering the topic in a fun and fresh way. Plus as the saying goes I'm sure your MC was laughing all the way to the bank. I look forward to reading more of your work. I see a lot of potential in this piece. Nice job.
10/18/12
A very creative, out-of-the-box thinker. Hope your entry inspires others in MC's position to try this approach.

Keep working on your writing. I suggest you use the Preview feature before submitting. Doing so will allow you to see how the layout of your story could have been improved by using added returns between paragraphs. This makes for easier reading. It also allows you to check for typos.

Keep up to inspiring writing.