The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1389 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/07
I love the end of this! I think all parents have prayed that prayer! This might have been even more engaging if it had been told from one character's point of view rather than two - really get us into the head of either of the female characters. Great detail.
05/11/07
Very amusing and enjoyable story. I, too have prayed this prayer! Nice work.
Very cute story. This is good writing. It doesn't seem to fit the theme, but it is well written and a fun read.
I love that last line. I've been told before that children are a grandparent's revenge. I think it's true. Lol.
05/14/07
A fun read, to be sure--something I can see happening many times over. I agree about picking one POV to really get us into the moment, instead of just being outside observers. My parents must have prayed that over me! That was a great way to end the story! :-) Good job!
05/14/07
Charming and nostalgic.

Quite a bit of narration here...I'd suggest adding dialogue, and I echo the POV suggestions above me.

These naughty children were definitely made real to your readers.
I love the ending! I also think it would be more effective told from one POV, and maybe instead of telling us that Annie didn't know what she was in for, show us with Sarah's actions. The characters are so alive you owe it to yourself to keep working on this: you're off to a great start!

Elizabeth Burton
I like this. It's a very fun read. Good job.
I prayed that prayer so many times when my sons were that age that I wasn't surprised when God gave them carbon copies of themselves. LOL. If I hadn't known better, I'd swear they were cloned. You did a good job writing this. It could be tweaked in a few places, but, hey, all of our entries could! Nice job!
05/16/07
I liked this alot! I enjoyed the format you used! Well done!
05/16/07
Cute story! Just needs a bit of 'tightening up.' Lovely characters. I could see the little stinkers! Good job!
I like the dad's prayer for the Lord to bless them each with a child "just like them" The revenge was 'sweet' and cute. I don't blame them at all...^_^
This immediately reminded me of some of the stories my mother told me about her and her cousins. With a few slight changes as mentioned above, this piece would really sparkle. It's still a delightful read as it is.