The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 3459 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Free form verse is not easy, but you are making it looking easy-peasy with this one! Incredibely expressive and beautiful expression of the Passion of Christ; such rich visualisations. A tiny bit of editing at the start would 'hook' the reader in more quickly, but otherwise - wow! God bless.
10/19/05
O.K. I'll admit it. I usually skip all the poetry (sorry), but the title got me, I read it and it was absolutely beautiful. Inspired me to worship. Thank you.
10/20/05
This imagery is stunningly beautiful! Fabulous job!!!
Written straight from the heart. Wonderful job!
10/21/05
Wow. How do you do it? Excellently written poem.
10/21/05
What a wonderful piece of poetry. This is packed with so much - I'm going back to re-read. Excellent.
Blessings, Lynda
10/21/05
'Worship Poetry' what a gift to be able to write. Awesome.
10/21/05
You're quite an artist yourself! This is beautiful. I especially like the analogy of the crushed grape and the river of crimson.
Wow! Very powerful work here! Great job!
10/21/05
Very pretty. Good job.
I agree with Ali that the first few lines were a little confusing to me and could be better if edited, but the poem turned out to be very beautiful. I loved the line about crushing the perfect fruit. Such a strong image. Terrific job!
What a difficult job the judges must have this week. There are so many excellent pieces in Advanced and this is another one. I'm afraid I have to disagree with the comments about the first lines: I loved them and they drew me in with their mystery causing me to want to keep on reading. Well done.
10/22/05
Wow! What imagery! I could see the grapes and almost taste them. This is terrific. The poem flowed very well:)
Very majestic. It gave me a taste of what the angels must experience in God's presence. I like the many layers: a good read the first time, worth reading again to see what I missed.
10/23/05
Beautiful. I'm sure this would make a great song!
10/24/05
Linda, I was a judge this week, so I wasn't able to comment until now. This poem rocked my socks off. The imagery was awesome, your words choice sublime. I want to write like you when I grow up. You blessed me tremendously this week! Thank you so much.
10/24/05
Awesome entry! A very worthy winner :)
10/24/05
I am speechless! You have a special gift!
10/24/05
Congratulations on your 1st place win in both the Editors' Choice and Level 3 awards. You have an incredible gift with your writing and I know you bless many with your poetry. Love always, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
10/25/05
Linda, this is packed with such power. It is just awesome. I love it.
This is really beyond words to express how beautifully you have described our Lord in this piece. I took my breath away and filled my heart with warmth. You are a blessing and a gifted talent. May God continue to bless you as you honor Him.
10/27/05
This is very beautiful. I am very inspired. Thank you.
03/30/07
Wow, another classic here. This was outstanding.
Linda, No one does this beautiful, lyrical, inspirational poetry better than you. This is a wonderful tribute to our Lord.