The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 753 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/18/11
Humans are often ill-equipped for consolation. I could make a thick stack of ironic greeting cards from the well meaning consolations I've received over the years.

Praise God, for He is always perfectly equipped.

I felt the pain of the MC. Toward the middle I wanted to shout, "Yell, go ahead and Yell and Wail!
02/21/11
This scenario describes many peoples worst nightmare. You did a good job with the MC's feelings. I hope this is not your personal experience.
You expressed the loneliness and fear one experiences so well. Grief is so different for everyone and often people don't know what to say or do.This well-written piece touched my heart.
02/22/11
You did a good job of capturing your mc's sorrow and pain and sadness. A dear friend lost her husband about three months ago and I know she's suffered much of what you've written here. Well done.
02/23/11
Heart-wrenching and heart-warming at the same time. You have nailed so much of the deep bewilderment of grief in its first cold flush, as well as the well-meant glibness of people whom we might expect to show a little extra care. "A couple of weeks" can't begin to unpack the adjustments!
02/24/11
Congratulations on your placing!
Congratulations on your win.