The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1941 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/28/10
Excellent descriptions--you brought me to that quiet place. Your dialogue was perfect for the mood of the story. Great job.
06/01/10
Beautiful! I love the supportive relationship of Alexis and Scott, with so many things unsaid (yet said) in their conversation. Well done!
A great story - hard to stop reading once I'd started! You really brought this MC to life.
You painted a story I could see--excellent characterization.
06/02/10
I loved the gentle ease and flow of this. Beautifully done ... (as always.)
06/02/10
Makes one sigh...it does. Nothing like sitting with someone who understands, is there?
You wrote this so well I could see the grandmother, grandfather, boss, reporter and cousin in sort of a Norman Rockwell scene.

Mona
I loved it. Wow. Loved the characters. Felt like I knew them. I felt like I was watching this on tv or something. I could see this all so well.
Oh wow, so much story! My only complaint is that it had to end way too soon. The characters were so real...WOW, the picture of her granmother's greeting was so real, and I could actually feel the pain.

Your title was awesome, I loved how you used the topic!

Just amazing as always!
06/03/10
You brought in the moods in your story very well. There are some truths about seasoned writers being able to write even without inspiration. I know what that means quite well. In days when inspiration fails, all we can do is to research and compile and then rewrite in our own words. Journalists ain't allowed to be affected or influenced by circumstances, but thank God, we have Him to be our strength.
06/03/10
This was the perfect story for the topic. Not only did you hit the mark with this week's topic, you hit the mark every other way as well. Your characters were likeable and real. You tugged at our heartstrings. I saw the farmhouse, felt the storm, the emotion. Extremely well-written.
06/03/10
Congratulations on another 1st place, Rachel. This is beautiful, gentle, deep and wonderfully crafted. Absolutely lovely to read.
06/03/10
You always immerse your reader in your story. Your writing is beautiful and masterful in this poignant story. Congratulations Rachel!
06/03/10
Your way of relating your characters in so few words is masterful. A lovely story. Congratulations!
06/04/10
Excellent as always. Great characterisation. I was pleased that you didn't force a romance between the two cousins as this fitted well with the slow easy pace of your story.
06/04/10
Congratulations, Rachel. Great story - I was right there with you on that bridge. You have such a great way of bringing your reader into the story. Great job!
What can I say? I wann write like you when I grow up!!