The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1596 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love how this story brings out the American history of how Coca Cola was invented. You did a great job with teaching us history and entertaining us with your writing at the same time. :o)
01/16/09
I was totally captivated—mostly wondering where the story was going to end up. Fascinating piece of history and a well-written one at that.
01/16/09
Such a great piece of history. I love this!
I enjoyed your clever period piece.
01/18/09
You did a wonderful job creating a sense of place and time, and the ending was absolutely a bonus! This must have been fun to write!
01/19/09
Knowing what was in that early Coca Cola, I laughed when you described its effects (a little burst of energy). Thoroughly enjoyed this glimpse into Mrs. Beeman's digestive problems. Very creative approach to history.
01/20/09
Love the title, and I love the way you wrote Mrs. Beeman. A very charming piece.
01/20/09
A great story, vividly written. I love surprise endings like this!
01/20/09
Yes! Creative entry idea. I wish I would have thought of it! (wink)

In my opinion, the word "gut" is too jarring here. Something more delicate perhaps? :)

01/20/09
I love the title and the authentic voice of Ms. Beeman. Great story!
Love this! Enjoyed the history and the characters very much. :)
Fun approach to the topic. I also thought she would belch from the seltzer if she did with peppermint. I was raised with coke syrup whenever we had stomachaches, but we never mixed it with seltzer. Great period setting.
I loved this! Very unexpected ending. Clever.
Very entertaining and I enjoyed the writing style... didn't expect the ending.
01/22/09
Good job! Very engaging story.
01/22/09
This is super creative. I love how you gave us this story... (and I'm even a Pepsi person). :)