The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1193 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/09/08
That sounds like fun!
I couldn't see the topic really clearly, but I liked the description of the mother duck getting her house all ready to set on her eggs.
Good job. Keep writing.
This is beautifully written. How blessed you are to witness this every year. Nicely done.
This is a beautiful devotional writing. I could see your "neighbors" and their planning so well. You're an excellent writer.
Being a birdwatcher myself, of course I love this story! I can just see the wood ducks in all their phases of life through your story.

We don't live near water, but we have a great variety of feathered friends visiting our feeders all year round.
05/14/08
Great descriptions of the duck family-I'm assuming the topic is found in the sibling "returnees". I could see the pond and the ducks-happily living their lives year after year.
And you keep saying you can't write, Don. Good grief. This is so well done that you don't need any red ink from us, you need a cattle prod to make you write more and more and more!! Go for it, my friend!
05/14/08
Wonderful descriptions. I felt like I was there watching with you. I enjoyed the personification of the ducks with hanging family pictures on the walls.
05/14/08
Very sweet story...loved the line about signing the lease, after discussing it amongst themselves. Great job!
LOL! I love this different POV! especially how you make them seem so real with details like hanging up pictures and trying to decide who will have the 'house' Nice job! ^_^
05/14/08
Enjoyed this piece - great POV - and the fun duck "decisions" were delightful.
Great slant on this topic and wonderfully detailed descriptions. Good job. :)
I really enjoyed the second part of this. You have a fun way with words.

Of course the background info was needed and it was well written as well, I just really like the voice in the 2nd part.

Keep writing.
This was absolutely adorable, entertaining, informative and unique. You don't belong in beginners but know you will move up as God so chooses.