The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1898 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/13/06
Very nicely crafted. And a solid message. Great!
Loved the ending. Made me want to meet the senior pastor and be mentored by him. Intense applause!
07/14/06
Great opening and great ending. Oh - the middle was pretty great too. Nice job! :-)
07/14/06
Great message on greatness. Nice job!
07/15/06
Great teaching set in a story! You set up the main character well.
07/17/06
Perfect buildup to a perfect ending! Very good lesson to be learned. Great one to submit elsewhere too!
07/18/06
Something tells me that "Pastor Smith" changed his name sometime in the early days of his ministry just so that even his name would be humble. Great lesson and great writing.
Great lesson! Brought tears to my eyes as I remember my own lesson in humility.
Gee, sounds familiar, I started my ministry in a similar fashion - as an intern for a children's pastor at one of the biggest churches in town. I remember the nervous feeling the first time I sat down in his office to get the briefing for the day, the first time he let me preach in kids church, the first time he let me run one of our Wedenesday night programs. Over two years have passed sinch that day, and I once again sit in the children's pastor's office - my office now - and thank God for first experiences.
Great story, and thanks for sharing.
God bless,

Kevin
07/19/06
I was very impressed by the excellent wordsmithing. Keep up the good job.
Congrats Lissa!
07/20/06
His love shines through your writing!!

Congratulations on your EC win!!
07/20/06
His love shines through your writing!!

Congratulations on your EC win!!
Congrats on your well-deserved EC win!