The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2154 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/12/06
Amazing how God works in His most mysterious ways, opening our eyes to see His truth! Good story line on the topic. God bless! :)
This is very sweet.It brought a few tears.How God send us the right people at the right time is one of the things I love about Him.I like to think I have encourage people in the Lord that I may never know about, till I get to heaven.That thought keeps me going some days.
08/14/06
A very nice story, and an interesting take on having a "vision."
08/14/06
Oh this was creative and perfect! I loved the title and how you tied it all in! Nice writing!
I love the title and the story is superb! A+
08/15/06
You were very realistic in portraying Cindy's emotions...well done.
08/15/06
The tears are flowing, God works in many wonderful ways in our lives. Thank you for painting this vivid picture!
Teary eyed, my vision is blurred and I'm having a hard time typing this. This is a perfect take on the topic. Well done!
Very sweet story - nice twist on the topic! Realistic with a win-win ending. Bravo!
08/15/06
What an amazing story! Each ministered to the other - and the visions came true! I love these "coincidences" - and you do an exceptional job of showing them to us!
08/16/06
Nice job! Very realistic. I love your approach! :)
08/16/06
Yes, I liked this a lot. Excellent job. And good on many levels. God bless.
08/16/06
An honest struggle through a very difficult loss. A great example of how "...in all things God works together for good..." Well done.
Venice, congrats on placing!
08/17/06
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy you won with this wonderful story, there is power in His Word!!
Congratulations, Venice! You did a wonderful job embedding a devotional lesson into your dynamic story.

One tiny nit-pick: "drug herself out of bed." I don't believe you were referring to pharmaceuticals here, but meant to use the past tense of "to drag", which is "dragged." I sure understand, though, because in some parts of the U.S. it's common speech. (I'm still wondering if my baby sister set a trend years ago, when she encountered a thorn bush: "Daddy, I pruck myself!")

Anyway, it's sooo good to see your wonderful talent blooming in the EC this week! Blessings, sherrilee777


Thanks to all for all your kind comments & feedback!
I'm still in shock that I placed!