The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2107 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/13/06
What a creative idea - to set the teaching of a pslam in a letter. I found that I wanted to know what had happened to Mara. It also challenged me to pray more for the needs of those people I know whao are going through tough times.
04/14/06
Yes, godly exposition well executed. As for 'the songs that awaken the dawn' - I've never quite grapsed that, but you helped. Thank you
04/14/06
Precious! What a creative way to present a devotional. As my dawn breaks I am thankful I get to start my day with these teachings. You've captured such a wide range of emotions sincerly and honestly. This was a blessing to my heart.
04/14/06
I really appreciated Amity's candour. No pretending to be the perfect Christian, just open honesty, but with a determination to trust in His word too. Great way to present some hope filled lessons.

:) Karen
I, too, enjoyed the format of this entry. Good job!
Well done, indeed!
04/16/06
I've never read anything quite like this, which is kudos to your creativity. I'm blessed. It is as if you are writing this piece to me. :)
04/17/06
As someone else mentioned, I also found myself wondering what happened to Mara. Wonderful, vivid writing, as always. You made the Psalm come alive for me. Well done!
04/17/06
This is awesome! I love the names you picked for your two correspondents, and Amity's voice is perfect. A friend, not a preacher--a real person, in fact. One of my picks this week, for sure.
I love how you've described the anger and frustration felt as a friend unable to physically help. The line: "I’m a growling, fearsome bulldog on your behalf, yet without teeth and tethered tightly far from the action." And also: "If only I could choose incredibly vicious traps. Destruction – bring it on!" are perfect. You've described so well a human friend with human emotion, who is still trying to act according to God's words. Great job Suzanne!
04/18/06
What a creative way to share a Psalm and make it applicable to our lives today! I really wanted to know what had happened to Mara but it was just nosiness on my part, not essential to your piece. I especially liked the honesty of the emotions! Good job!
Very emotional, earnest, and honest...loved the honesty!!
I like the brutal honesty expressed here. This very day I heard of a situation that makes me want to scream, "Noooo!" with Amity. Psalms are certainly encouraging in times like this. Well done.
04/18/06
It's good that Amity was so honest with her friend. I would like to know more about the situation that Mara is in. It builds the suspense and makes you want to read on for a glimpse of her problem revealed. Great story!
Yes, I agree with all the above...a super job for sure!!
04/20/06
We all need friends that feel so fiercely, and counsel us with spirit of truth and righteousness. Beautifully written. I felt it.
04/26/06
Good work as always Suzanne! Very pwoerful and really spoke to me with where I'm at at the moment. Luv Judy
05/04/06
"Somehow, I’ll try to pray more like a Christian, and less like a mad woman set on revenge."

Awesome line.

It's still very you. "Bring it on!" :P

It do love the contrasts though.

Ahhh, David... haven't we all been there?