The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1805 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Strong, gritty, realistic story. I love the mission field being right where she was and the connection between the topic and Sassy's woundedness. Excellent dialouge, great description. I love it all! :) Great job!
11/14/05
Great dialogue and inner turmoil that paints the picture of the truth the surrounds us eveyday - the world is our mission field. Great job!
11/15/05
I love this. Very well crafted, from the title to the last word - a compelling read.
Blessings, Lynda
Great job! This is truly realistic and awakening. The image of God may be more the inner beauty than the outward fading beauty.
11/15/05
Very realistic picture. I like it that Sassy realizes that she has work to do just where she is, without going to Cambodia.
11/16/05
I always wonder how sometimes people forget out biggest mission field is sometimes right in front of us..and this girl would know even more how to do it from being there. You had a great message and wrote it in a clear way.
11/16/05
Yes, a wonderful, tightly written story that takes the character through an impressive journey in such a short time. Well done. Yeggy
Sometimes God uses our painful experiences to witness to the people right in front of us. Good writing!
A great encouragement to pursue whatever mission God gives us. Sassy is a convincing character; I almost want to peek in on her in about 6 months to see what the Lord is up to in her life. :-)
11/20/05
Wow
11/20/05
Wow
11/20/05
What can I say? It's a great story and very well written! Tears dim my eyes as I try to type. A Winner, for sure in my humble opinion! It touched the depths of my soul... Thanks for sharing..
11/21/05
An Excellent write.

Mt. 9:37 NIV Then He said to His disciples,
“The harvest is plentiful but he workers are few.”
A ministry in our every day life, I just love the ministry of this article.
Thank you, Helen
Congratulations on your well-deserved win this week. Kudos to you!
11/21/05
This was wonderful! Congratulations.
11/21/05
Oh, Crista, the harvest truly lies right outside our own window. Who will go to them, while we are so busy looking towards other fields? Would that I, that each of us, grasped the beauty our feet are called to. Jesus was called to His house as we are called to ours. God bless you for this heart rendered reminder of our calling. Congratulations.
11/21/05
This is fantastic! Your words drew me right in. Congrats on your placement.
11/21/05
Congratulations Crista! No, “Sassy Doesn't Live Here Anymore”
“Slipping my shoes on, I head out the door with the gospel of peace. There is work to be done, while there is still time.”
Somehow, I am not ugly anymore. Congratulations, a Deserve Win. Thanks for Sharing. Helen

11/21/05
It's almost as if you had a camera focused on "any town-anywhere" . Your dialogue and perceptions were a page our of the truth. Yes, the mission field can be right where we operate and survive.
A+
11/23/05
Beautiful - just beautiful! In every way. And congratulations, too.
God bless you for that beautiful story. It is well written with strong imagery, and it is dripping with the love of God. What a blessing it was to read it.
01/14/06
Crista, I thought this was brilliant - as I've come to expect from you.

I'm just re-reading the winning entries now as I go through and do the minor editing for the next FaithWriters' Anthology. What a blessing for me to have that job.

Crista, I'm so glad you didn't tie it up with Sassy being accepted for the missionary trip. It would have been an "ahhh" ending, but it also wouldn't have been as perfect. The ending you chose was exactly right. This is such a wonderful addition to the book.

Could you send me a quick note to let me know if you're happy to use the same bio note in this anthology? Thanks so much.

Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator and Editor, FaithWriters' Magazine)
02/15/06
Wow ... absolutely fantastic. This had a very real feel to it... the story ran itself, natural, unforced. Then the message built in ... you really showed the truth. It's a message we all need to hear on so many fronts. Sometimes God says "no" to our wants. Sometimes we are called to the very people who know our every fault. You played every angle just right. So, where are you going to sell this piece? It needs to be "out there."