The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1364 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/04/09
Having teachers in my family, I truly believe this is how it is. How sad. Certainly a bittersweet moment. Excellent writing.
06/04/09
Wow...I've been in that teachers' lounge--you nailed the alienation that can happen whenever roles shift perfectly!(We don't have a teachers' lounge at our small school, but we don't have the alienation problem, either--what a blessing!) I also like your descriptions of the teacher, because I could see her so clearly. Your closing line was wistful, and it accentuated the theme well. Good job!
06/08/09
My step-daughter teaches middle school biology. Everyday she faces these exact same problems. The story flowed easily and the description was excellent. Good job.
06/08/09
Reality here, unfortunately.
I've seen it first hand working in the local school system as a secretary/receptionist. Success is very often bittersweet! Glad God sees it in a different light, and has a higher purpose. Well done.
06/08/09
So realistically portrayed.

Certainly a slice of the rough and tumble world of school politics and strained relationships.

I felt for the MC.
06/09/09
Very interesting account of teaching. My wife was a teacher - very difficult job indeed. Really good writing. Thanks
Excellent writing...made me really feel for the MC at the end. I think ministers can relate to this kind of scenario...