The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1088 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/17/08
Oh, I like this. The ending was perfect. I like the way you brought it home without adding any pedantic explanations. The story carried a scent of its own, and the recognition of that scent in the end was delicious. Thanks for this.
This is a wonderful story, perfectly constructed. I was captivated by Nana, and I loved the ending. I'm glad her influence lived on.
Lovely! I enjoyed the second read even more than the first. Nice foreshadowing of the alabaster. I missed it completely the first time.
07/19/08
Solidly written. The paragraph with grandmother relaying the various smells from the Bible was a delight. "Alabaster Embrace" - very nice touch. Perfect ending.
07/21/08
Wonderful. Our memories do serve us well at times. I'm glad she was able to reverse her path. Well written.
07/22/08
Excellent! I really enjoyed this story. It has that "you are there" feeling that keeps a reader reading. Good message. Great work!
I am so glad she finally made the right choice. I was rooting for her! What a struggle between what she knew and what she did to what her heart and mind were telling her. I liked it. Nicely done! ^_^
Wow, this one is very well written! The descriptions you used are quite vivid, and the ending is excellent!
07/25/08
I loved this. What a well told prodigal story. Loved the ending. Great writing here.