The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1876 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/30/07
A charming poem -- very clever. I liked this very much. Good job.
08/31/07
Oh, so charming! I can just picture the illustrations for this poem in a children's book. The words would be wonderful for children to read, too, with the easy flow and rhyme.
08/31/07
I love it...you're such a scaredy plant. Cute!
08/31/07
Perfect!
What a wonderful, encouraging poem for children. One thing - the last stanza starts out plural and ends singular. Easy to fix. But this is really a fun read and very strong on God's protection.
This is so precious. I love it and would love to see it with beautiful, colorful illustrations.

I loved this line:
Viola’s mother said to her,
“You’re such a scaredy plant.

Great job!
09/01/07
This is absolutely delightful and sweet. Wonderful.
09/01/07
I love it when a word such as fearful can be written in so many creative ways. To write from the perspective of a plant is inspiring to me and beautiful. I can see it illustrated. I want to see more children's books like this for my grandchildren.. Great writing..! Dianne
09/02/07
Absolutely delightful - for Grown ups too! Loved it! Loved it, Loved it!
09/02/07
I agree with the above comments. This is an excellent children's poem. Fantastic work!
"You're such a scaredy plant" How adorable!
Ditto to all the above comments and more so. This was such a delight to read. Beautiful to the eye, the ear, and the heart.
09/03/07
Wonderful and delightful to read. Put it in the puppy pen.
09/03/07
Very sweet, I will have to share with my daughter. She'll love this.

Wonderful.
I enjoyed this. Well done. chris x
09/04/07
Thanks for the precious, true reminder that God is with us all the way and made each of us to "bloom where we're planted". Great job!
Oh, my! What a precious and perfectly written poem! I know you wrote it with children in mind, but this adult was abundantly blessed by it! ;) Absolutely wonderful!!
This is indeed precious. And a good lesson for adults, as well.
09/06/07
What a sweet poem and message for little ones. The flow was so easy to read. I could just picture a child reading it and smiling. Very nice! I'll read it to my grandkids someday when I have them.
09/06/07
Super cute! Liked the lilt and since I loved violets I was captured from the beginning.
Very charming and sweet poem! Well done!