The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1725 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wonderful storytelling! My heart was pounding right along with your main character's as I felt her confusion and fear.
Great story. Awesome leads with the babysitter/ abandoned cars, too.
03/01/05
Oh, you had me nervous! Good job pulling in the reader.
03/01/05
Once, when I was a little girl, I found a pan boiling on the stove but no mom. We can all use a little scare to do a quick heart check now and again.
You built the suspense perfectly! What it must feel like to think that...even for a moment.
Great fun! Very well told. Suspenseful, with a great ending. I particularly loved the pie in the face.
LOL. Maxx, I never knew you could write comedy! This NEEDS to be read out at every church. My pastor actually hates the "Left Behind Series" books due to the fear it creates in people. Also, he became a Christian watching "Theif in the Night," he now hates that movie as well! Anyway, back to you. This seriously, is absolutely hilarious. This is the first time I've read it (I backed away from FW for about a year due to frustration of never placing). I loved it. I loved the suspense. When you mentioned the books, fear shot up my spine and I thought "Oh no, Maxx caved!" But, you proved me wrong again. This is priceless. Like I said, I sincerly hope you can get this published somewhere. Every church member has thought this once or twice in thier life and would LOVE this. I also like that you wrote from the POV of a woman. If I didn't know you were the author, I would've been convinced a man wrote it. Congrats. Also, a very good take on the topic. Perfect in fact.
One more thing. I love the fact that my name was in your story. LOL. I'm selfish, what can I say?!