The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 841 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/23/14
At first I thought your very well written poem was about a railway tunnel. I had never read this particular Bible story before. Your poem brought it to life.
I enjoyed the way you presented this in poetic fashion. That tunnel was an amazing accomplishment.
What a creative idea! You made the process come alive through your creative verse and I also like the application-like ending. As I was reading I started wondering if this was Hezekiah's tunnel, and then you confirmed I was on the right track when I got to the part about the springs.
01/24/14
What a wonderful, creative rendition of the story of Hezekiah's tunnel. The rhythm flowed with words that painted vivid pictures.

I loved the practical application: "And lives too are a blessing, a channel of God's grace..."
01/28/14
Great narrative poem!
It's not a common Bible story, and this tells it so creatively. Well done!
01/28/14
Unique and original telling of this Bible story. You have a gift for poetry. Very well done.
A well written, very easy to read story poem.

Our lives should encourage others to live faithfully before God.

01/29/14
Your poetry never ceases to amaze me and this one is no exception! How do you do it? This is a great take on the topic too. I'm glad you gave the explanation at the end because I wouldn't have realised what it was about. And you've actually been there? Amazing!
01/29/14
Very creative. I like the way this flows. You can picture the hammers and pickaxes swinging as the men complete their tunnel. Nice work.
01/29/14
Powerfully intense and so well done!

God bless~
This was a super wonderful poem. I love poetry! —Love to read it —love write it.

Great job!

God bless~
Congratulations on ranking 23 overall!