The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 838 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh I love this piece. It made my eyes well up. This story is so pertinent for today as more and more grandparents are raising grandchildren. This was spot on topic and really touched my heart.
05/26/12
Sweet, and touching. This sentimental entry made my heart smile. Thank you.

God Bless~
05/29/12
This story reminds me of two Bible verses:

Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. (2 Corinthians 4:16 NAS)

Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; And I will bear you and I will deliver you. (Isaiah 46:4 NAS)

God is not done with us even in our old age, and with Him, we can do great things. Thank you for sharing this. An enjoyable read.

05/31/12
Nice work ... and congrats onthe "Highly Commended" distinction!
06/01/12
Congratulations! God Bless~
Congratulations for placing 17th overall!
06/01/12
Yay Joanna! Congrats and God bless!
06/09/12
What a heartwarming story. Stepping out like this, not knowing if it will make a difference, but they knew they could not succeed unless they gave it to God from the beginning. So well written.