The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 560 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed this. I could so relate. Twenty-three years ago, a chronic illness turned my life plans upside down.

In the beginning, you did more telling than showing. Near the end, I could picture the scene more clearly. For example your first sentence tells. Changing it a bit maybe like this: He shook the doctor's words from his head. Tears filled his eyes as the realization that life would never be the same smacked him in the face. (Okay maybe that was too dramatic, but maybe it helps show you what I mean.) Also, be sure to write out numbers from zero to ten or numbers at the beginning of a sentence.

I really liked how used both types of appointment in your story. You did a nice job of relaying a strong message while staying on topic.
02/16/12
This story was altogether inspiring and touching. Nicely told, and an important message resounded throughout the entry. Good job with this. I liked it.
God Bless you~
02/19/12
I loved this. I think most of us, at least those who have served God for a number of years, can relate to Robert's ranting and railing at God. Isn't it wonderful that God loves us through all of that?! He's too big and loving to be offended by our emotional outbursts. Thanks for sharing this. God bless!